From: <debian-knoppix@waibschd.de>
To: "Alexander Schmehl" <schmehl@cs.uni-frankfurt.de>
Cc: <debian-knoppix@linuxtag.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Update Knoppix installed in hard Disk

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Alexander Schmehl wrote:

Of course, it is easier to do it dthe debian way, but you schould keep in
mind, that there are people out there (even in germany), who have
low-bandwith-connectivity (modem). For them, it may be cheaper/easier to
do a dpkg-repack than downloading some (possibly) huge packages.

If I remember correctly, there were some severeal hundred MBytes
which ran down my DSL-Line since my first knoppix-install (V3.0 two years
ago).

regards

Yasar

btw: thank you Klaus for the fine work. I now have some dozen friends,
who at least use knoppix in addition to windows.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Yasar Arman                  Tel. +49 7263 400012
Alte Sinsheimer Straße 48                  Fax. +49 7263 400011