Re: [debian-knoppix] Installer questions/request

Fabian Franz wrote:

--snipped--

fourth:

as root do:

mv /home /home.old
mkdir /home
mount /dev/hdaX /home # where X is partition-number
cp -a /home.old/* /home/
echo "/dev/hdaX /home auto defaults 0 1" >> /etc/fstab # add to fstab to be mounted automatically

Later if everything works, you can delete /home.old

I like having /home on a separate partition myself. Can that be added as an option to the install script so that it would be part of the copy process? Or would it create other problems by doing that?

*Note: I am not a programmer, unless a few simple five or six line scripts would be considered as such. ;-) No offense is intended if I have overlooked something obvious with this request.

Nice job overall. I am impressed with what all of the people involved have accomplished with Knoppix. My thanks to all involved.

   Jeff Davis