Re: [debian-knoppix] Please, improve Gnome (Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition)

Hi again,

Fabian Franz <FabianFranz@gmx.de> wrote:
>Am Samstag, 14. Juni 2003 23:57 schrieb Mantas Kriauciunas:
>> Please, include gnome-system-tools, because current network configuration
>> tools are only not user-friendly hack (and they also disappeare after
>> hdinstall).
>
>I'm not against including the tools, but I don't want the network
>configuration to be called a hack.
>I think it is a really nice and fast configuration ...
>To the disappeareance, could be "fixed" in installer soon...

Sorry if I've insulted anybody, but... have you looked at screenshots of
gnome-system-tools ? For example:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gst/screenshots/networking.jpg

I think after you see this screenshot you'll understand why current network
configuration I called "a hack".

Btw, why knoppix should have his own configuration tools, when debian
already contains two good tools - multiplatform gnome-system-tools
(http://packages.debian.org/unstable/gnome/gnome-system-tools.html) and
small (only few kb + libgnome-perl package if you want graphical interface)
Debian-specific etherconf
(http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/etherconf.html).

debian-desktop project (http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-desktop/)
recommeds to use gnome-system-tools, I think Knoppix should follow these
recommendations

Good luck,
Mantas Kriauciunas

Meiles zinutes sirdies damai ar riteriui: siusk MEILE numeriu 1325.
Jei siunti draugui, po zodzio MEILE nurodyk jo mob. telefono numeri.
Zinutes kaina 1 Lt.  http://sms.delfi.lt/