Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 06:26:39PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > Caution: write support isn't stable there either! Writing on NTFS
> > partitions is NOT RECOMMENDED. You don't want people to destroy their
> > Windows partitions.
>
> Those are userspace tools, you do not have to use them. However,
> ntfsresize has been reported to be stable/safe enough.

ntfsresize and other user-space tools are included.

> mozilla-firebird (in Sid)

Already in.

> > There is no package with that name. Packages, remember? ;-)
>
> Someone wanted to package it, but I cannot find anything on
> http://pengisnotaol.piranho.de/.

Looks like penggy it is in debian/unstable.

> > We already have nano, though.
>
> Pico is replaced by Nano and Pine is non-free in binary form.

Yes.

> > Even providing scripts for downloading non-free stuff may be illegal
> > in some countries. I would not risk this.
>
> What about links to pages with the installation howto?

This should all be linked on the Knoppix homepage, and that one is linked
in the help files on CD/DVD.

> > > xcdRoast
> > > XcdRoast is an Excellent (personal opinion) Cd-Burning program. Some
> > > users have also issues setting up K3B. ?XcdRoast also offers many users
> > > a familiar interface to work with. ((This app WAS on knoppix before
> > > release 3.2) I dont know why it was removed.) - toast
>
> And gcombust and gtoaster please.

Right, almost forgot.

-KK