Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix apt-update

El día 28 may 2003, Klaus Knopper escribía:
> On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 03:32:23PM +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
> > > No. The packages from the branch that you specify in -t, and the default
> > > branch listed in apt.conf, will be used. Which ist "testing" for
> > > Knoppix, except for a few packages that have been installed from
> > > "unstable" in the first place.
> >
> >   Yes, that has sense for you making Knoppix, but not for a user
> >   installing it in HD and trying to upgrade it.
>
> Well, I and many others are using exactly this sources.list and apt.conf
> for our harddisk installations and updates as well. It works fine.
> I would not recommend using unstable as default, though.

  And he didn't included any apt pinning line, so that will make him use
  unstable :-)

  And, as I said, adding a different source for Gnomemeeting than Debian
  can make trouble. OpenH323 libs usually are binary incompatible though
  the developers say the contrary, and Gnomemeeting must be compiled
  with the exact version of them. And as Sid's Gnomemeeting has now IPv6
  support enabled, I don't think that Enrico package has anything new.

> Also, if you need a single package from unstable or stable/updates
> urgently, you can just apt-get it with this setting.

  Yes, but users usually don't need that, and in the contrary they will
  get the three packages file each time they 'apt-get update'.

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org