[debian-knoppix] [WISHLIST] Ext3 into kernel

Hello Klaus and all --

I had one of the people I installed Knoppix for, panic, because after
a blackout, the next reboot showed the dreaded ``e2fs: repair
manually'' screen (the /dev/hda* nodes were gone).  I would have put
the root filesystem on ext3 in the first place, but since ext3 was
built as a module, the filesystem wouldn't have been mounted at boot.

Would you please consider building support for ext3 filesystem into
the kernel directly?

Or, if anyone knows of an alternative to avoid such situations, I'd be
happy to hear it.

Thanks

Massimiliano