[debian-knoppix] Working with packages

Hello, i have some questions about "working" with packages, i hope you can guide me. I´ll divide some of my doubts in diferent items.

1- How do i obtain a list of the installed packages (or "half installes", "unpacked", etc.) in the system. I´ve taked a look at /var/lib/dpkg/available but i don´t know if that list is what i´m looking for.
Neither i know if somewhere is updated the list of packages every time i remove something; and if not (if it´s not updated automatically) how can i update it when some "clean up" is done?

2- Is there any way to "mark" packages (for example by category, AUDIO, VIDEO, or one by one) in order to uninstall them all at the same time with just little commands doing reference to that "mark". Is it possible to use the "list" menssioned above (item 1) in some way to do that.

3- Can packages dependencies be uninstalled-deleted when unintalling the related packages, and if so, in the other hand, if i want to leave packages that need the same dependencies that one that i want to uninstall is it possible to check that before uninstalling the package in order to avoid the deletion of the dependencies that the remaining package will need?

That´s all by now, thank you very much you all.
Bst rgs,

Pablo Z.