Re: [debian-knoppix] Please, add lithuanian language to knoppix

>From Mantas Kriauciunas on Sunday, 2003-02-02 at 17:15:14 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> I'm from public organisation "Open Source for Lithuania" (www.akl.lt).
> Recently I found this excellent product (Knoppix ;)). It is very good
> for promoting linux, because it's easy to use and it is based on another
> very good product - Debian.
>  Our organisation would like to coordinate lithuanian language support
> in Knoppix. I've tested Knoppix and found, that lithuanian locale should
> be supported (I tried dpkg-reconfigure locales and found, that lithuanian
> locale is enabled, also I tried to write some lithuanian symbols in OpenOffice
> and KDE and tried to start some localised programs like AbiWord).
> I found these problems:

I am working on a Knoppix derivative that will include support
for Nordic languages and the Baltics:  Iceland, Norway, Sweden,
Denmark, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.

>  1. There are problems with lithuanian locale - there are no
>  /usr/share/locale/lt directory and for example when I start
>  abiword I get AbiWord in lithuanian but only english symbols are displayed.

I have fixed this.

>  2. kde-i18n-lt package is not installed :(
>  knoppix@ttyp2[lt]$ dpkg -s kde-i18n-lt
>  Package: kde-i18n-lt
>  Section: x11

I have fixed this.

>  3. there are no option lang=lt in boot, I'm  attaching the  strings,
> that should be added in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig to this message.

I have fixed this.

>  4. there are no scalable fonts with iso8859-13, iso8859-4,iso8859-10
> or iso10646  encodings (RedHat already has these fonts). Because of
> this I can't write lithuanian symbols in OpenOffice, but there are no
> problems in other programs, like mozilla, Kword, Kedit, etc.

I am uncertain how to fix this.  Could you point me in the right
direction?

Conrad