[debian-knoppix] Anybody with prelink problem?

I had a few shutdown/reload after some intense HD activity (not related to my action, actually even when doing nothing). The message was about running out of memory and killing some critical k* process.

Since I was suspicious, and it was taking place at random(?) time, I found the time to type "top" at the right time and assume it was "prelink" running creazy.

I took a quick look at the man page (since I knew nothing about that process)... Then I searched what would trigger that process (at? cron? else?) and found nothing.

If I am alone with that problem, forget it, however any hint is welcome.

David GLAUDE

PS: I think I run the latest Knoppix ISO EN (last week download) however it is booted a strange way using Win2K bootloader that read a copy of the first 512 byte from a lilo install on my /dev/hda3. Also the XFree configuration is custom made.