[debian-knoppix] New Debian package kernel-kbuild-2.6-1 - Linux kernel 2.6 kbuild tools

Deb Kernel source version is kernel-source-2.6.0-test11.

Version 2.6.0-test11-1 for kernel-kbuild-2.6-1.

kernel-kbuild-2.6-1 - Linux kernel 2.6 kbuild tools

This package provides kbuild tools for Linux kernel 2.6.  It is used
together with the kernel-headers packages to build out-of-tree kernel
modules.

If I am reading this correctly, it is the 2.6.0 kernel, not the
pre-release version.  Since this just showed up in the unstable branch, I
think its probably too early to include it in Knoppix (even if cloop was
ported). I just did a search to see if anything was on the kernel list
or the kernel traffic newsletter, is their any news on porting cloop to
2.6?

One thing I don't understand is why isn't cloop part of the linux kernel.
Would Klaus or someone please explain?

Thanks,
Chuck