Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix build scripts

Hi Holger,

Holger Zebner wrote:
I was looking for the build scripts etc. so that I can build a custom
Knoppix CD from my current Debian system. I know that i can do this by
remastering, but I would like to gain a better understanding of exactly
how Knoppix is working and how it is put together.

Where can I download the original build scripts for Knoppix? So far I
have mostly found ISO images on the mirrors.

Check out these links:

http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixRemasteringHowto
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqCustomising
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixProjects

I have seen all of these links. They focus on remastering or customozing an existing Knoppix CD to create a new CD.

What I'm interested in is starting with just a plain Debian install, then building everything from scratch, not just the new ISO. In other words, I'd like to see the code that knows to look for and uncompress an ISO image named KNOPPIX, I'd like to better understand how Kudzu is added, etc.

Thanks,
Akbar