[debian-knoppix] PCMCIA socket 2 not recognized

My computer broke down and I use temporarily a 6-year old notebook
Eurocom 6200AT with Knoppix 3.3 of 2003-09-24.

The notebook has 3 PCMCIA slots. Two of them, recognized as socket 0
and 1, work under Knoppix with no problem. The third one (which
happens to be the one most conveniently located) is not recognized by
Knoppix. However, Windows 98 have no problems with this slot and
assign to the card the properties i/o 0110-011F and int 11.

Some time ago the notebook with the same PCMCIA card (3C-PC-Combo) was
used with Debian Potato installed and we don't remember any similar
problems.

I will appreciate your suggestions.

Best regards

Janusz