Re: [debian-knoppix] PCMCIA socket 2 not recognized

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 04:15:36PM +0100, Janusz S. Bien wrote:

> My computer broke down and I use temporarily a 6-year old notebook
> Eurocom 6200AT with Knoppix 3.3 of 2003-09-24.
>
> The notebook has 3 PCMCIA slots. Two of them, recognized as socket 0
> and 1, work under Knoppix with no problem. The third one (which
> happens to be the one most conveniently located) is not recognized by
> Knoppix. However, Windows 98 have no problems with this slot and
> assign to the card the properties i/o 0110-011F and int 11.
>
> Some time ago the notebook with the same PCMCIA card (3C-PC-Combo) was
> used with Debian Potato installed and we don't remember any similar
> problems.
>
> I will appreciate your suggestions.

Two suggestions:

1. Check your interrupt settings (BIOS and cat /proc/interrupts) for
conflicts.

2. Make sure that yenta_socket is the preferred PCMCIA controller
module, since this supports PCMCIA II, and the others (AFAIK) don't.

3. Cardbus Cards are NOT handled via cardmgr anymore, but via hotplug.
Check with dmesg if your card was recognized at all, after insertion.