Re: [debian-knoppix] flakey installation issue

Hmmm...   Maybe it was a cluster-knoppix issue, and maybe not, but
there was indeed an issue in 3.2 which was posted on one of the forums,
with ext3.

I will try again.  But I am still dumbfuddled as to my problem with
files not being there.  I doubt it's a reiserfs issue, and I doubt it's
a knoppix issue.  I don't know of any problem with these HDDs.  But
config files in /etc/ not being there?  packages that show up in dpkg
and apt as installed, but the daemon isn't there, in /etc/init.d?
Bizaare, and perhaps it's just a figment of my own construction.
Somehow.

Alan Davis

 On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:10:43-0800"R. Dale
Thomas"<rdt@rdt1.org> wrote:

> Alan Davis wrote:
> > I had found with Knoppix 3.2 that it wasn't possible to
> > create and install on an ext3 partition,
>
> I don't know what you mean here.  I have been installing various
> versions since the V3.2-2003-07-26 and have never had a problem with
> ext3 on any of them.

adavis@saipan.com                                     1-670-235-6580
    Alan E. Davis,  P. O. Box 506164 CK, Saipan, MP 96950, NMI

I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give up any
hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist forming one
on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be opposed to it.
                                  -- Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

The right to search for truth implies also a duty; one must not
conceal any part of what one has recognized to be true.
                                  -- Albert Einstein

As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of
ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
                                  -- Benjamin Franklin