Re: [debian-knoppix] Problem with knoppix-installer

Hi.
Maybe this could help Stefan, too.
> I'm trying different Debian-based distros these days and I of course gave
> Knoppix a try. But knoppix-installer does not seem to work at all. In a
> Konsole, it gets me to X-QTParted, which works OK for my little needs, i.e.
> just partitionning.
>
> Once the partitionning is done... there seems to be no way to move forward,
> except exiting the program. I'm then asked if I want to use XQT-Parted or
> Quit. If I select Quit, the programs asks if i want to save the
> configuration and exits to the command line.
At first time I had kinda same problem.
Have you already made your filessytems on your hdd with qtparted?
Check if so.
If no you may do it by hand from a root shell. (mkfs) After having made the fs
the script should continue without any problems...Well, it did in my case.

Greetings
Holger