[debian-knoppix] Problem with knoppix-installer

I'm trying different Debian-based distros these days and I of course gave
Knoppix a try. But knoppix-installer does not seem to work at all. In a
Konsole, it gets me to X-QTParted, which works OK for my little needs, i.e.
just partitionning.

Once the partitionning is done... there seems to be no way to move forward,
except exiting the program. I'm then asked if I want to use XQT-Parted or
Quit. If I select Quit, the programs asks if i want to save the configuration
and exits to the command line.

In a shell, I have the same problem, except CFDisk is called instead of
XQTParted.

Also, I noticed that I can't type letters with dieresis and circumflex in OOo.
The problem shouldn't be with the keyboard, since I can type ÖöïÏ ôÔîÛ in
mcedit and even in a konsole. My keyboard is a CA.

Hey! The first thing I try in soft touted as an MS-Word equivalent doesn't
work.

P.s.: Don't be surprised if I take some time to answer: I'll be trying Mepix
and my main system (Slackware) will be disconnected maybe for a day or two.

Regards!

Gilles