Re: [debian-knoppix] Distribution

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 11:54:55AM -0600, Tom Goulet (UID0) wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 09:46:39AM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:41:47AM -0500, Mike Hjorleifsson wrote:
>
> > > Are you allowed to burn cd's and distribute knoppix ?
> > Come to think about it, yes, even if you don't. It's called the GNU GPL, but
> > it comes with some restrictions you may want to read up on: www.fsf.org.
>
> What about the Adobe Acrobat Reader and Blackdown Java SDK packages?
> And a few packages that are marked as non-free in Debian.  Are you sure
> they are legal to redistribute?

Well, I don't include them in my Quantian derivative of Knoppix (more info at
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html).

If in doubt, stick with Debian main.  It is my understanding that Klaus
follows that rule at least to some extend.

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx