Re: [debian-knoppix] newbie: remastering to get passwords and gui login

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 10:05:42AM -0500, Geoffrey Lane wrote:
> I've made my own remaster with gnome2.4 and trying to get XCFE4 (which won't boot for me) and a few other packages installed. I would like a better way to switch to the desktops than rebooting each time.
> I'd like to get the login gui back with the list of window managers and users. Is there a setting I need to change (runlevel, autologin, or another script)?

Should be as IIRC that is standard behaviour for Debian window managers. Kdm
surely shows them at login. Plus, you also new the 'new session' features
allowing you too, say, be in gnome and via Ctrl-Alt-F7 switch to a new
session where you could pick xfce4, say.

> I'd also like to get passwords back. How do I go about doing that?

Might be a pam option.

Hth, Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx