Re: [debian-knoppix] Fwd: knoppix install: autoconfiguration segmentation fault

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 08:39:01AM +0100, Conrad Newton wrote:

> I am a fan of Knoppix, have installed it before, but am having problems
> installing it onto an old NT server with 128 MB RAM but keep getting
> segmentation fault warnings during the hardware devices
> autoconfiguration. I've not found anything in the newsgroups or
> internet.

  Hello,

i have seen Knoppix crash only on one server with a  mainboard/RAM problem.
So i would leave the machine running some hours at least with
http://www.memtest86.com/

If this doesn't find anything i would try to boot some other Linux
e.g. tomsrtbt or a Debian Floppy and try to get more details on the
hardware. You could then post the output of lspci and dmesg.

  regards

   Dietmar

--
 Alles Gute / best wishes