[debian-knoppix] IBM Blade Center

Hello All,

With Knoppix v3.3, I am attempting to boot a single node in an IBM Blade Center. It is able to boot off the CD and starts to load, but when it attempts to mount the KNOPPIX image, it says it can not be found and drops me into a very limited shell.

The same CD is able to boot up other machines, mainly Compaq and HP workstations, as well as my custom built machine at home, so the disc is not “bad”, yet I have been unable to get it to boot in an IBM Blade Center. This leads me to believe that it has something to do with the hardware, and if I had to guess, I would say it is because the single CD-ROM drive in it is attached to a “switchbox” type device to share it amongst the 14 nodes.

Has anyone been successful getting Knoppix to work on it, and if so, what did you have to do?

Steven Kreuzer

Linux Systems Administrator

Etagon, Inc

W: 646.728.0656