Re: [debian-knoppix] Problem in remastering knoppix...

Hello

Le Dimanche 19 Octobre 2003 14:01, sandesh singh a écrit :
> hello guys...
>
> .I want to know is ,which  are those packages, which
> i can remove very safely.And which won't create any problem while
> booting the customized cd.

I un derstand what your are talking about ;)
Don't remove any *knoppix* package
You removed ash-knoopix which is Essential
(I did the same things few days ago, it crash complaining
about modules and/or mounting root like what you report)

For removing (in your chroot) you can:
dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Priority} ${Package} \n' | grep extra | grep -i -v knoppix >> kick.list
dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Priority} ${Package} \n' | grep ^optional | grep -i -v knoppix >> kick.list

will give you the lists of all extra and optional packages, you can probably safely remove.

Regards
Alain

(it seems that in some Knoppix (-derived?) CD ash-knoppix is said to be "optional" !)