[debian-knoppix] KDE uninstalled

I am running Knoppix 3.2 and when I did a dist-pgrade, it uninstalled all
of KDE.
What the hell is that all about?

Now I can't even get it back.  Is there anyone out there who knows how to
remedy
this?  All I get now are a bunch of broken packages and it keeps telling me
to do an
apt-get -f install, but that gets me nowhere fast.  When I do run that
command, it just
tells me the j2re1.4, eclipde-sdk, eclipse-pde, etc are broken.

I am new to Debian, but not Linux.  If someone could point me in the right
direction, I
would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Nick