Re: [debian-knoppix] KDE uninstalled

nvettese@pdistributors.com wrote:

I am running Knoppix 3.2 and when I did a dist-pgrade, it uninstalled all
of KDE. What the hell is that all about?

I found exactly the same. I would suggest doing an "upgrade" rather than a "dist-upgrade". It seems the KDE package is broken in Debian unstable. It removes the current version, then fails to install the new one.

Try installing kde3 from one of the other versions (possibly testing) instead of the default "unstable" release.

Hope that helps

-- Greg