[debian-knoppix] Knoppix V3.2 and fvwm2

Hey Group;

I am remastering Knoppix 3.2 and attempting to install fvwm2. The reason is because it is much faster and is a window manager and requires less memory. It likes xterms. I have it compiled and no errors are showing. I tried to run it as root and/or a user and I get the server up then for about 5 seconds fvwm2 comes up but fails almost immediately stating. - "/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm" failed due to being miss configured. Xterm "run" in KDE works.. 'ldd" shows that knoppix's xterm is OK. I have also removed all mentions to it in system.fvwm2rc as a test.

Anyone worked on this before? "ldd" and "strace" offer no help. I will seek out Knoppix's X error file and look there but I feel it will not offer much help.

73 de Donn Washburn     __ " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB     / /     __  __  __  __  __ __  __
LL#       a MSDOS Virus "Free Zone" OS
Email: n5xwb@hal-pc.org  Info: http://www.knoppix.net