Re: [debian-knoppix] prob with k3b in knoppix 3.3 / newbie: remastering with gnome

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 07:37:59PM +0200, Fabian Franz wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 23. September 2003 18:20 schrieb Geoffrey Lane:
> > I had downloaded the new version to test out and look at it. When starting
> > k3b it said that cdrecord could not be found. I didn't have anymore time to
> > find more info but I hope this helps if there's a prob
>
> Press Alt+F2, insert "sudo k3bsetup", finish the setup, start k3b again. It
> should then work again.

I don't think this will fix the problem. The cdrecord package has an
onbvious bug with wrong permissions set for /usr/bin/cdrecord (which is
now apparently is a shell script rather than a binary).

I updated cdrecord to the newest version from Debian/unstable, and now
cdrecord and k3b seem to work in usermode again. It is quite a pity to
put out a new release just because of a small but annoying bug with a
permission problem, but rather that, or getting a lot of complaints by
people who experience problems with cdrecord or k3b.

Fixed in version 3.3-2003-09-24.