[debian-knoppix] prob with k3b in knoppix 3.3 / newbie: remastering with gnome

I had downloaded the new version to test out and look at it. When starting k3b
it said that cdrecord could not be found. I didn't have anymore time to find
more info but I hope this helps if there's a prob

Secondly, If somebody has instructions on how to add gnome back onto the cd
either using a "cheat code" at the start or re-adding/enabling a login screen
in which I can have the option on which window manager I use.
I'd appreciate any help, as i'm a newbie but am looking to create a basic
knoppix with the two window managers and eliminating duplicate applications
(two office suites) for space