Re: [debian-knoppix] prob with k3b in knoppix 3.3 / newbie: remastering with gnome

Am Dienstag, 23. September 2003 18:20 schrieb Geoffrey Lane:
> I had downloaded the new version to test out and look at it. When starting
> k3b it said that cdrecord could not be found. I didn't have anymore time to
> find more info but I hope this helps if there's a prob

Press Alt+F2, insert "sudo k3bsetup", finish the setup, start k3b again. It
should then work again.

(I am a bit unsure now, but I thought this was the way to go)

> Secondly, If somebody has instructions on how to add gnome back onto the cd
> either using a "cheat code" at the start or re-adding/enabling a login
> screen in which I can have the option on which window manager I use.
> I'd appreciate any help, as i'm a newbie but am looking to create a basic
> knoppix with the two window managers and eliminating duplicate applications
> (two office suites) for space

Boot with "knoppix desktop=icewm". See also other cheatcodes in cheatcodes.txt
on KNOPPIX-CD.

cu

Fabian