Re: [debian-knoppix] Newbie: remastering knoppix on a non-debian partition

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:15, Geoffrey Lane wrote:
> I'm still a newbie at linux and re-mastering knoppix itself and I have a
> really stupid question.... Can a debian based knoppix be remastered using a
> ext3 partition with redhat 9 already installed?
> My plan is to boot of the knoppix cd and use that for the remaster process
> and just back up my home dir just in case as well as my downloaded files. I
> appreciate your time and patience,

I've recently successfully remastered a knoppix system by booting up with the
knoppix cd, copying off the contents of the knoppix filesystems onto the
harddrive, and finishing the rest of the remastering process booted into my
'normal' operating system (Debian linux) by using 'chroot'.

So yes. You can use your ext3 partition to remaster knoppix, and you can
probably even use Redhat 9 to do the process.

Regards,
Stephen Thorne.