Re: [debian-knoppix] Xserver and text editor

contact.me@hittozu.net wrote:

Hi,
I'm using ver. 3.2 and I have the following problem:
when I launch (not as root) a command like "emacs lilo.conf" everything works, but when I do it as root, the output is this:

root@Rigel:/etc# emacs lilo.conf
Xlib: No protocol specified

emacs: Cannot connect to X server :0.0.
Check the DISPLAY environment variable or use `-d'.
Also use the `xhost' program to verify that it is set to permit
connections from your machine.

So, how can I solve this problem?

use "xhost +localhost" as knoppix (the one that owns the desktop) to allow other local users to use your display

chris