Re: [debian-knoppix] random crashes with SMP system

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:45:41PM +0200, baldyeti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am encountering problems with an SMP machine.
> At work, I've got a Compaq Evo W6000, a dual-Xeon
> monster of a workstation. It works fine with the
> knoppix CD, but hangs more or less randomly since
> I have installed to hard disk... I had initially
> installed the 15/04/03 version, then the 06/06/03.

Did you install the KNOPPIX image, or did you install Knoppix as a
normal Debian system with knx-hdinstall or knx-installer?

You may want to try with version 05-09-2003, which contains a reworked
version of cloop (for accessing the compressed image) and a newer Kernel
(2.4.22).

Otherwise, it may just be a hardware problem. You should maybe run
syslog and trace the output on a console to see if a kernel panic
occurs.