[debian-knoppix] Kernel Panic with KNOPPIX 3.2

Hi,

When I tried to install KNOPPIX 3.2, I got this error:

hda: <partitions on hda>
ataraid/d0:<1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
<0>Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

The rest of the output is similar to the error message that has been posted on

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200301/msg02995.html

Even after deleting all partitions it failed.

I have been posting this to some other mailing lists and I was asked about the Kernel configuration of KNOPPIX, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Where is it?

Oddly enough the owner of the computer where I tried to install KNOPPIX doesn't know about a RAID controller in it.

With my computer (which hasn't got one) it works.

Sören