Re: Block access in Apache

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 01:21:50PM +0100, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
> There's a guy who's troubling my girlfriend by adding smut-talk messages to
> our guestbook at our site. He's a dynamic IP-adress, so I want to know: is
> there a way to block hostnames so he can't access our site?

You can use "deny from", but I think you need to enable hostnamelookups
to use a DNS name instead of an IP. Most dynamic addresses come from a
limited range, so you might just block off his subnet.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html#access
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_access.html#deny
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_access.html#allow

--