[debian-knoppix] Newbie guide for email.

The viruses and worms excite interest in Linux.

Need a quick guide for newbies who are using Knoppix from disk for
email.

Step by step, what to the need to do to set up their email files on hard
disk and preserve their settings from session to session.

Here is my rough sketch:
<ctrl><alt><F1>
umount /dev/hda1
mount /dev/hda1 /hda1
mkdir /hda1/root
ln -s /hda1/root /root

I still haven't figured out how to automate this process. Can I store
this script on /hda1/root and run it from there? (Leaving out the mkdir
step of course.)

Your attention appreciated.

--
John Culleton