[debian-knoppix] Running the compressed iso from hd: does it have to be /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX ?

I have Knoppix (or rather my remastered Quantian variant) running straight
from the compressed image on a laptop which happened to have a spare
partition; this works just fine.

But is there a cheatcode I should know to do the same without using a
top-level /KNOPPIX directory?  In other words, can I somehow tell lilo to
boot from
Is that possible?

Hints would be welcome, regards,  Dirk

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx