[debian-knoppix] Re: Re : [debian-knoppix] Can connect to ISP but can't connect toInternet (Former re: Modem problem)

Hi Jean-Luc,

Following is my test result;

After configured ADSL/ppp0 and connected it to ISP

root@ttyp0[root]# plog (no response)
root@ttyp0[root]# ifconfig ppp0
ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
          inet addr:202.123.68.11  P-t-P:202.123.71.254
Mask:255.255.255.255
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1492  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
          RX bytes:64 (64.0 b)  TX bytes:97 (97.0 b)

root@ttyp0[root]# dig www.yahoo.com

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> www.yahoo.com
;; global options:  printcmd
root@ttyp0[root]# dig www.commputing.net

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> www.commputing.net
;; global options:  printcmd
root@ttyp0[root]# dig www.google.com

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> www.google.com
;; global options:  printcmd

Test was also made on kppp with the result.

I have an idea to install the CD on a hard disk, then remastered it and
finally burn it on the CD again after securing Internet
connection/browsing.

Can you shed me some light how to make it?

Could any folk on the list give me some advice?

Thanks in advance.

B.Regards
Stephen

Got an I Care HK! Idea? Go to http://www.iCareHK.com/iCarehk/index.html to Submit.