[debian-knoppix] Re : [debian-knoppix] Can connect to ISP but can't connect to Internet (Former re: Modem problem)

Hi Stephen,

Try :
dig any.site.you.want

---
Regards
	Jean-Luc

On 29.07.2003 19:52, Stephen Liu wrote:
Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your advice.

After several tests without any result, I found following discovery

# ls -l /etc/resolv.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 49 Jan 16 2000 /etc/resolv.conf

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Insert nameservers here
# nameserver 127.0.0.1

resolv.conf is not an empty file nor a symbolic link.

# cd /etc/ppp/
root@ttyp0[ppp]# ls
chap-secrets no_ppp_on_boot
chap-secrets.orig options
chat-iminitel options.ttyXX
ioptions pap-secrets
ip-down pap-secrets.orig
ip-down.d peers
ip-up ppp_on_boot.dsl
ip-up.d resolv

"resolv" is a directory/folder not a file

root@ttyp0[ppp]# cd ./resolv/
root@ttyp0[resolv]# ls -l
total 0

After configuring ADSL and connecting to ISP

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 202.123.77.209
nameserver 202.123.77.213

It is the DNS of the ISP.  But still I could not browse Internet.
Both
ADSL and modem are of the same result.  It looks to me quite funny.  I
have been trying for more than a week.

Besides Mozilla could not be started.  I have to use Konqueror to test
connection to Internet without any result.

B.Regards
Stephen