Re: [debian-knoppix] cheatcode for moving KNOPPIX file

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 02:21:32PM +0200, Fabian Franz wrote:
> Its funny, Klaus had the same idea.
>
> If you really think, that its necessary, I will think about it, but I see some
> problems:
>
> You need user-interaction:
>
> knoppix tohd=<partition perhaps>
>
> Its useless to copy the contens each time you boot from CD, but what if there
> is a new knoppix-version ...
>
> Perhaps a combination of knoppix tohd and knoppix fromhd would work, where as
> fromhd would just ignore the CD-Drives and such would also possible for a
> poor man's install.
>
> Klaus, what do you think ?

Possible. Can you provide a patch for linuxrc?

Reards
Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2003 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org