Re: [debian-knoppix] cheatcode for moving KNOPPIX file

Am Sonntag, 27. Juli 2003 14:12 schrieb Jason Parry:
> Fabian,
>

> I know it can be done.  The last post about the img file
>
> modified to load all the cloop into RAM is another way also
>
> (replace RAM with mounting a partition and cp the file to
>
> some /mnt/hda1/somewhere in his script)

Its funny, Klaus had the same idea.

If you really think, that its necessary, I will think about it, but I see some
problems:

You need user-interaction:

knoppix tohd=<partition perhaps>

Its useless to copy the contens each time you boot from CD, but what if there
is a new knoppix-version ...

Perhaps a combination of knoppix tohd and knoppix fromhd would work, where as
fromhd would just ignore the CD-Drives and such would also possible for a
poor man's install.

Klaus, what do you think ?

cu

Fabian