[debian-knoppix] Re: Best boot setting for NEC LCD?

Whit,
I suspect the autoconfig is finding the available modes of your
video card and your monitor can't handle it, even though it
does auto-detect the avail video modes.  Try CTRL-ALT-+ and
CTRL-ALT-"-"  which toggle between 800x600, 640x480, etc.

I have LCD monitor also and it tries to put up something beyond
what my monitor likes also.  The alternative is to try
"knoppix screen=800x600 vga=normal" in your boot line.

(Klaus, I recommand a boot option video=safe which defaults to
640x480 and vga text so people can rule out hardware problems)

-Jason