Re: [debian-knoppix] Integration of Knoppix in Debian

Hello,

Le Vendredi 25 Juillet 2003 00:01, Fabian Franz a écrit :

> > It certainly won't be the new installer as the installer has to work on
> > all architectures of a release, which was six the last time and maybe a
> > dozen the next time, whereas Knoppix, as we know it, only supports one.
>
> ... two now ...
>
> Because of that FUD, I spent LinuxTag to hack it for PPC.

I have an interesting port of the MiB version of knoppix for PPC.
The iso is on the mirrors here:
http://www.bouissou.net/knoppix-mib/doc-html/Knoppix-Mib.html

After doing some time with that, i really thing that every architecture that
runs debian, X, and kde can have a knoppix port, as far as it have bootable
cd.

The more difficult was to make a script to have a bootable iso, and to get
correct X modelines, as long as ddcinfo does not work on ppc.

X modelines will be not necessary in the next X release (
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200307/msg00154.html
)

Regards,

--