Re: [debian-knoppix] Language environment for graphical sessions

Conrad Newton <conrad.newton@broadpark.no> writes:

>> Where do KDE programs get their setting?
> grep Language $HOME/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
>
> The value in the home directory derives from the Knoppix file
>
> /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

Bingo.  I changed the relevant `de' to `it' and things work.

> which is set to German, but this value is modified
> for the home directory by the script
>
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
>
> when you boot from CD.  I don't recall just at this moment whether
> knx-hdinstall uses the value from /etc/skel or from $HOME.

The former.  I think it makes sense, because otherwise a user could
modify his directory prior to hard disk installation and then future
users would get his changes as default.  But still it would be nice to
get a /skel consistent with defaults chosen at cd boot time (and avoid
some head scratching :-)).

Thanks, Conrad.

Massimiliano