Re: [debian-knoppix] Language environment for graphical sessions

>From Massimiliano Mirra on Friday, 2003-06-27 at 14:23:56 +0200:
> Rainer.Hattenhauer@t-online.de (Rainer Hattenhauer) writes:
>
> >> Where do KDE programs get their setting?
> > I will give you a short description based on the assumption that your KDE is
> > still configured in german Language: open the KDE controllcenter (there is a
> > button in the taskbar called "Kontrollzentrum" and choose
> [...]
>
> Thank you for your help, Rainer.  Unfortunately that does not answer
> the question, which is `Where do KDE programs get their setting?'.

grep Language $HOME/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

The value in the home directory derives from the Knoppix file

/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

which is set to German, but this value is modified
for the home directory by the script

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession

when you boot from CD.  I don't recall just at this moment whether
knx-hdinstall uses the value from /etc/skel or from $HOME.

Conrad