[debian-knoppix] SuSE-esque boot splash in Debian/Knoppix?

After googling a bit, it appears as though there was a previous discussion about this topic a little while ago, but I couldn't find any real information on whether or not anyone has really gotten this to work.

I've gotten most of it to work, but the only part that remains is that I can't get the progress bar going and was wondering if anyone else had.  If so, what did you have to do?  This is driving me bonkers!!! :-)

Thanks!!!

Maria
--
Support your local ASPCA