[debian-knoppix] Reiserfs and the installer script.

Re: > Dumping everything into / may be easy for veterans to fix, but it isn't
Re: > working for me.  Three attempts, no joy.

If you go to www.knoppix.net and have a look at the docs you will find a how-to for moving your /home (and any other directories) to their own partitions.  It is very straightforward and easy to follow.  If you have trouble post- we'll help you out.

Re: > Also, contrary to what I've read, ReiserFS is NOT supported.  It is
Re: > supported if the disk is partitioned and ReiserFS is installed prior to the
Re: > Knoppix installer/partitioning, but there is no ReiserFS file system option
Re: > in the Knoppix install script as late as the 5/20 version of Knoppix.

I have used nothing BUT reiserfs on my 20+ installs and have never had a problem nor have I needed to reboot.  All of these machines are working fine.  As of the latest release (6-6-03) there is a reiserfs option in the install script.