RE: Fwd: RE: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

Hmmm, I see. Well, I could give you some mirrors
(<http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html>) to the stuff...
...but then you will have *all* packages (including previous and test) which
is kind of heavy weight.

A mirror that works pretty well:
ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/mirrors/cygnus/

Try running setup.exe from wine to download the distro.

OR

Another approach would be to run Randall Schulz's mkcygwget from Linux to
download the entire Cygwin tree:
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-02/msg00704/mkcygwget>
This method is described at
<http://ns1.iocc.com/~joshua/cygwin/>
"Note that you may need to edit the --cut-dirs= option depending on your
mirror. You only want the 'release' subdirectory within your ftp%3a%2f%2f...
directory.
This will create a directory in the format expected by setup.exe and a
script called cygwget that consists of commands to wget."

It is recommended to keep the directory structure so that setup.exe is able
to recognize the packages. Important is the setup.ini file and the release
tree. You must have the same setup.exe and setup.ini files that go with the
downloaded packages!

You may want to have a resulting dir structure on the DVD like this:
<CDROM>:\cygwin                      contains setup.exe
<CDROM>:\cygwin\cygwin               setup.ini
<CDROM>:\cygwin\cygwin\release       subdirectories of all packages

HTH,
Andreas