[debian-knoppix] Installer questions/request

Knoppix is great!

The current installer is not...

Dumping everything into / may be easy for veterans to fix, but it isn't
working for me.  Three attempts, no joy.

Any chance the next version of the installer will put files into the correct
partitions/directories instead of dumping them in /  ?

I've mentioned a 2.2GB / partition on debian user (and a few other lists) and
no one would believe me.  Or why.

It may work for someone who only has a few partitions, / , /home, swap, (or
not?) but it doesn't work for those of us with more partitions, /var, /boot,
/etc, /and so on.

Also, contrary to what I've read, ReiserFS is NOT supported.  It is supported
if the disk is partitioned and ReiserFS is installed prior to the Knoppix
installer/partitioning, but there is no ReiserFS file system option in the
Knoppix install script as late as the 5/20 version of Knoppix.

If ReiserFS is made an option, be aware that to install it correctly, I
believe it is still required to reboot after ReiserFS is installed, prior to
continuing the installation.  This is slated to change when the new version
of ReiserFS comes out, but I believe the reboot is still currently required.
If this isn't done, error messages, at a minimum, will result when running
the system.

Bing.
--
All spam received is reported to SpamCop.
All spam designed to avoid spam cop filtering is filtered manually and spam