Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

Scott Patterson wrote:
What about a "Windows" directory on the DVD that contains Free Software
for Windows users as well?

After sitting on the sidelines for awhile, I'm scratching my head on this one. If Knoppix is a bootable _LINUX_ distribution (Live CD), what place does Windows software have on it?

There are other projects like the Open Source Software CD (http://pmw.myip.org/oss/) that cover free software for Window's users. I believe Knoppix should focus solely on _LINUX_ software, but, that's ultimately up to Klaus. One other thing to consider is that if you include Windows software, you're going to start getting support questions about it. Please reconsider adding Windows stuff to this CD.

Are MAME and MESS on the list of goodies for the DVD? I use the following repository for up-to-date packages:

deb http://anarxia.dyndns.org:2180/debian ./
deb-src http://anarxia.dyndns.org:2180/debian ./

# Matches:
gxmame 0.32-2 (i386)