[OT] Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Knoppix HD Installation (trying it again)

Tom Lisjac <netdxr@adelphia.net> writes:

> Incidentally, my wife has been happily running a graphical Linux desktop
> for over a year. She doesn't know what "CLI" means... and she thinks a
> shell is something you find on the beach. This is progress! :)

Well, it depends on what you mean by `progress'.  That people seem to
prefer expressing themselves through gestures rather than verbally
doesn't really strike me as progress anymore than being able to use a
TV set is progress over reading and writing.  Luckily we teach our
kids early to receive and produce information in more powerful ways,
unluckily we stop at the pen and paper stage.

I guess the only thing that could be said in full objectivity is that
it's `meeting the market's demand'.  But anyway, the subject has been
beaten to death several times in more appropriate places, has it not?