[debian-knoppix] Ghosting with Knoppix?

Hello, I have been looking into ghosting options for a few small networks that I manage.  So far I have found a few commercial packages (Norton Ghost, Powerquest Drive Image) but only one OSS package (g4u).

I tried out g4u but had problems.  I didn't seem to recognize my hardware very well, and of the 5 systems I tried to ghost, all died severl GB's into the process with some type of disk error.

My though was that since Knoppix boot off of CD doesn't touch your hard disk and has such good hardware detection and support, could it be used as a source for a ghosting package? A ghostix distribution perhaps?  What do other people think?

Also, does anyone know of any products I should check out that I didn't mention?

Thanks,

Matthew