Re: [debian-knoppix] Open accounting and Open source

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 02:45:56PM +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
>   There are people working on this already. Sean Finney has made a list
>   of packages that are only in Knoppix and need to be included also in
>   Debian, even testing what are the problems for not being included
>   right now.
>
>   I think he can elaborate further on this, as I'm very busy lately and
>   I haven't been able to follow this as much as I'd like.

and i've been busy too :)

anyway, there's a list of packages and some other stuff at

http://cs.swarthmore.edu/~finney/debian-knoppix/

which i'll put some more work into RSN, i promise...

also, i've been accepted into debian as a developer now, so putting
packages into debian won't be an issue once everyone involved feels
they're acceptable.  i'd like to bring this up on debian-devel
and get some feedback from others about what they think the best
way to integrate these packages is.  for example, whether or not
they feel a static init/dash is ok, and what should be the consistant
naming mechanism for these packages.

	sean